Source Naturals, Mushroom Immune Defense, 60 Tablets
Mushroom Immune Defense is a blend of mushroom mycelia and extracts from 16
of the most well-studied species of health-supportive mushrooms. Although the
exact mechanisms of action in the body are not yet fully understood, researchers
propose that constituents of these mushrooms may support natural killer (NK)
cell, T-cell, and macrophage activity, and cytokine production. By carefully
combining these mushrooms and fortifying them with extracts, Source Naturals
Mushroom Immune Defense offers a broad-spectrum, high potency, complete mushroom
Mushroom Immune Defense - Scientific Immunity Formula
Scientific research is proving that some of the most powerful immune-supportive nutrients are found in mushrooms. People who realize the critical importance of optimizing immune function should seriously consider adding an advanced mushroom complex to their daily regimen.
No other mushroom formula offers the high-potency, broad-spectrum benefits of Source Naturals Mushroom Immune Defense. Mushroom Immune Defense features 16 of the best-studied species of health-supportive mushrooms, including shiitake, reishi, and maitake. These mushrooms contain compounds, including beta-glucans, glycoproteins and polysaccharides, that support a wide range of immune defenses: natural killer cell, T-cell and macrophage activity, and cytokine production. By combining a wide variety of mushrooms and fortifying them with extracts to ensure high potency, Mushroom Immune Defense offers a biochemically diverse formula that provides optimum immune assistance.
How Do Mushrooms Work?
Mushrooms are a treasure trove of bioactive compounds, but most of their immunomodulating activities have been attributed to polysaccharides (long-chain, simple sugars) and glycoproteins (polysaccharides naturally associated with proteins). These compounds activate a variety of immune responses.
Mushroom Immune Defense Broad-Range Protection
Mushroom Immune Defense contains mycelia (networks of fibrous filaments) and extracts from the widest variety of mushroom species available. Included are the following mushrooms, which have demonstrated the most evidence for immune defense.
- Shiitake (Lentinula edodes): Lentinan, the beta glucan from shiitake, has been studied more extensively than similar substances and may be one of the most effective immunomodulators. Numerous studies have shown its ability to stimulate natural killer cell, T-cell, and macrophage-dependent responses.
- Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum): Reishi's polysaccharides may stimulate macrophages and enhance T-cell proliferation, according to in vitro studies.
- Maitake (Grifola frondosa): Maitake enhances the activities of natural killer cells, T-cells and macrophages, according to animal studies. Mushroom Immune Defense contains MaitakeGold 404., a highly specialized maitake product, rich in beta-glucans, which is the only maitake betaglucan fraction endorsed by the world's premier maitake researcher, Dr. Hiroaki Nanba, Ph.D.
- Turkey Tails (Trametes versicolor): These mushrooms have a long history of traditional use in Asia. One in vitro study suggests that its polysaccharides stimulate macrophages.
- Almond portabella (Agaricus blazei): This mushroom may stimulate the immune system by increasing T-cell activity, according to animal studies.
- Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis): Cordyceps came to international attention during National Games in China when, in one week, three women's track and field world records were broken. The coach partially credited a cordyceps elixir. Cordyceps was found to augment antibody and other immune responses in one animal study, and a cordyceps polysaccharide was found to elevate cytokines in vitro.
- Mushroom Immune Defense contains 10 additional mushrooms, including enoke, oyster, Polyporus umbellatus, and Poria cocos. Vitamin C is added to enhance absorption and activity.
Unparalleled Immune Support
A focus on immune support can pay tremendous dividends for your entire life. If you are dedicated to good health, you want a powerful formula on your side. Source Naturals is proud to join forces with your natural foods retailer to bring you an unparalleled immune formula: Mushroom Immune Defense.
Serving Size: 2 tablets
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 100 mg 170
Shiitake Mycelia Biomass 200 mg
Reishi Mycelia Biomass 200 mg
Maitake Mycelia Biomass 200 mg
Turkey Tail Mycelia Biomass 150 mg
Proprietary Blend: 1.3 g
Agaricus blazei Mycelia Biomass, Hericium erinaceous Mycelia Biomass, Flammulina velutipes Mycelia Biomass, Tremella Mycelia Biomass, Schizophyllum commiune Mycelia Biomass, Artist's Conk Mycelia Biomass, Poria Mycelia Biomass, Zhu ling Mycelia Biomass, Pleurotus ostreatus Mycelia Biomass, Cordyceps sinensis Mycelia Biomass, Cordyceps militaris Mycelia Biomass, Armilleria mellea Mycelia Biomass, Shiitake Mushroom Extract, Reishi Mushroom Extract, Maitake Mushroom Extract, Turkey Tail Mushroom Extract, Cordyceps sinensis CS-4 Standardized Extract (0.1% adenosine), Agaricus blazei Mushroom Extract, and Maitake (beta-glucan) Fraction.*
*Consists of MaitakeGold 404, a trademark of the Tradeworks Group, Inc.
Other Ingredients: stearic acid, colloidal silicon dioxide, and modified cellulose gum.
Warning: If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your health care professional before using Mushroom Immune Defense product.
Suggested Use: 1 Mushroom Immune Defense tablet twice a day between meals. For more advanced usage: 2-3 tablets, three times daily.Source Naturals Mushroom Immune Defense formula is suitable for vegetarians and HYPOALLERGENIC: contains no yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, corn, soy or wheat. Contains no salt, or artificial color, flavor or fragrance.
Source Naturals - Manufacturer Information:http://www.sourcenaturals.com/
Notice: Actual results may vary among users. You should always consult with your physician before starting this product or any health-related program. The product information may differ due to packaging update or re-formulations. You should read carefully all product packaging.
Disclaimer: The product descriptions and the statements on this page are from manufacturers and/or distributors and have not been evaluated by AmeriLifeVitamin.com or the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Copyright © AmeriLifeVitamin.com All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.